Friday, August 8, 2014

Coupons = Adrenaline Rushes

I don't know about y'all, but I totally used to underestimate the bargains you could get at Marshall's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Target, and other stores of the same sort. Heck, I used to be embarrassed to use coupons...but not the same story anymore. I'm quite sure positive my parents wished I'd had this realization a long, long time ago. (Such as that time in college, freshman year no less, I had memorized my mama's credit card info...whoops!) I now proceed to get a major rush of adrenaline when saving some mula. It's actually quite scary how I can find myself in a so-so mood to my heart racing and smile beaming anxious to get home and share the steal of a deal with T.

A week ago, this lovely feeling made a comeback. I had gone to both Michael's and Hobby Lobby in search of decorations for baby boy's baptism. As I was moseying around both places, because come on...you can't go to either and not, I remembered that I needed frames for two precious items. One, a watercolor painting of Sylvan that I had gifted the hubs a few years ago. The other, a three-image mounting from Grayson's newborn pictures.

Michael's + Hobby Lobby came to the rescue!

I used a 40% off coupon to get this perfectly imperfect natural wooden frame to house our Sylvan painting for $20.99.


We're planning to hang it below this metal portrait from Gray's newborn photos, courtesy of Gianna. (I've said it before and will say it again, she's such a talented photographer!) I think the combination of the metal + wood will look fantastic.


The other score was a driftwood frame (using a 20% off coup no less) from Michael's. The dimensions for the three-image mounting are 10x20 so not a standard one to find. Initially, there was matting for three 5x7 pictures. I took it out, inserted ours, and voila! 



Timeout. Where, oh where, has my five pound, ten ounce baby boy gone? I can't get over how much he's grown as well as how fast these past six and a half months have flown by.
Cherish every moment.
Okay, back to biz. We're planning to hang it in Gray's nursery, so I wanted a neutral color that would pop against the blue. I promise to share pictures of both once they're hung. 

On another note, I finished The One and Only by Emily Giffen two nights ago and it was amazing! Total chick flick, but I highly recommend reading it. I'll be the first to admit, it takes A LOT to keep me focused, which seems to be getting worse and worse with age. I was so intrigued, I could hardly put the book down. And to keep on the deal train...I got a signed copy at Costco...oh yeah.

I'm so looking forward to spending time with family + friends this weekend. G's baptism is on Sunday. Details to be shared next week. Can't wait. Happy Friday, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment