Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Next Up to Bat

Even though we've been in Sylvan over two years, we've totally neglected one of the upstairs "bedrooms".  As you can see, we used it as an office/Tyler's signed football storage.  And yes, be jealous of the print-screen pillow in the second picture.  It was a present for the hubs and my first Christmas from my sweet Great Aunt Betty.
 


While we had an idea for how we'd eventually purpose this room, we were waiting for the appropriate time.  And now that the farmhouse table is complete, bring on the next project.  We're going to channel our inner Young House Love (our heroes) to tackle some board and batten in this space.  (See their process and outcome in their previous home's hallway here.)  I'm obsessed with this look and believe it'll be perfect for this room.

On a side note, today marks my first day back to work after a two month hiatus.  Say a prayer -- or two or three -- for me as I get back into my daily routine and prepare for a new school year and batch of kiddos.  T has been repeatedly playing Dashboard Confessional's tune: So long, sweet summer... here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment