Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Going For That Green Thumb

While my motivated hubby spent Saturday morning hustling through a sprint triathlon, I spent it parked on the couch, watching the Today show, and researching container gardening.  While I was perusing Marshall's last Thursday, I found two identical planter containers for $5.99 a pop that I just couldn't pass up.  They were orange, had a fabulous design, and were begging to call Sylvan's deck home.  Hence, began the research train.  Southern Living had an awesome slideshow which got my wheels turning.  I, unfortunately, haven't had much luck with plants in the past, so I knew I would need to get something hardy that wouldn't need too much TLC...    


...which led me to these sweet little "petunies", as my mama calls 'em.  I initially was on the hunt for solid white petunias but settled on these cheery, yellow ones.  I felt the yellow/orange combo screamed summer.  For now they're sittin' pretty on the deck table.  They definitely put a warm smile on my face when I glance out back.
Let's keep those fingers crossed they last!


I also had to share the knockout rose bush I planted in our backyard last summer.  Just when I thought she was dead, she came back to life full force.  Oh, what a little patience and MiracleGro will do!



I'm trying my best to get that green thumb, folks.  I absolutely love flowers and hope I can manage maintaining these...gotta get my confidence up so I can carry on!

So, what are your tips for successful gardening?


No comments:

Post a Comment