Monday, May 13, 2013

Memorable Mother's Day


Look at those two gorgeous ladies sandwiching me...ow ow.  And they're just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside.  Tyler and I are truly blessed to have the most spunky, caring mothers, always putting others before themselves, and molding our brothers and us to be the people we are today.  I can only hope to one day be half as amazing as super-moms Diane and Nancy.  Boy have they set that bar high!

This year Tyler and I divided and conquered so we could each spend Mother's Day Weekend with the two most important women in our lives.  Tyler headed to Clemson for some triatholoning (so proud of him!), grilling, and brunching with his parents.  Below are his sweet mama and him enjoying their meal at Blue Heron.



My parents and I headed up to Barnsley Gardens on Saturday night.  We had a delicious meal with the added bonus of watching Bobby Cox's daughter get married on the beautiful grounds.  The night also couldn't be complete without a brief photo shoot.  What can I say?  I get camera happy.  I'm sure T was uber happy to get out of this one.





Sunday morning I treated mom to one of her favorites, crepes, that I've been making since middle school.  Below is the simple recipe that will fix that morning sweet tooth.



Crepes Recipe 

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 C milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk 
  • 1 T butter, melted 
  • 1/4 t salt 
  • 2 T sugar 
  • 1 C flour 
  • 1 T Vegetable Oil 
  • Confectioners Sugar 
  • Toppings (Nutella, whipped cream, chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
Directions
  1. Place milk, egg, egg yolk, butter, salt, sugar, and flour in a blender.  Blend one minute until the batter is smooth.
  2. Heat oil in small pan.
  3. Pour in a spoonful of batter.  Cook one minute (or longer if needed) until crepe is lightly browned.  
  4. Turn and brown the other side.  
  5. Discard the first crepe as it will be oily.  
  6. Fill and top off the crepes with confectioners sugar and your favorite toppings.  Eat up!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day Weekend as much as we did.  It's important to not only honor your mother on this day but remind them of what they mean to you each and every day.  We love you, Mom & Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment