Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Wall Down Memory Lane

A little over a year ago, we were preparing to host a wedding shower for the Costners (happy anny!) at our abode.  I was very unsettled with this space, which you see as soon as you step into Sylvan.  I wanted to give this large wall a little lovin' and personalize it with some special memories.  Instead of spending an unnecessary amount on all-new frames, I decided to work with what I had laying around.  Remember the Jones' ballin' on a budget motto?  Oh, yeahhh...Indeed, the frames would contrast greatly, but I thought this brought an extra-special spice to this blah-ness.  
 I gathered the frames and laid them out to try a few several designs.
As you may notice in the picture below, I ended up buying two large frames to frame two of my favorite wedding pictures.  One is rectangular, and the other is oval.  I traced all of the frames on cheap wrapping paper, made a mark where the nail would go, and then used Scotch tape to put them on the wall.  While it doesn't sound like this process would take much time, it did!  Granted, it doesn't help that I'm a terrible decision maker, so it took forever to get this gallery wall just how I wanted it.
Once I was finally satisfied, I began nailing the holes.  The wrapping paper easily tore off from the wall since the Scotch tape wasn't strongly adhered to the wall.  And, here she is!  I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and I frequently find myself reminiscing on each precious photo when I go upstairs.  
I'm thoroughly happy with the view when you walk into Sylvan.  Eventually, I'd like to add wall sconces to give a little light.  Adding it to the "Liz need/Tyler want" list as we speak.  
If you've been toying with the idea of creating a gallery wall in your abode, I highly recommend it.  It's definitely worth the time to be able to take a wall, er walk down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment