Friday, April 26, 2013

Made With Love

Last Christmas I had asked for bedside tables for our guest bedroom.  We had spent hours upon hours painting in that room (more to come on that project soon) and were totally deserving of new beauties to sandwich the queen-sized bed.  Unfortunately, we still had one chest of drawers that was an extreme eyesore and irritating me beyond belief.

See what I mean?  Ugh.

T didn't think anything was wrong with it.  "It was serving its purpose," according to him.  Yeah, yeah, yeah....men.  However, since bedside tables were (basically) the only thing I wanted for Christmas, he was open to looking at some.  After showing him several bedside tables that were stealing my heart away, he proposed the idea of making them himself.  How could I argue with that?  Not only new bedside tables, but ones that would be made with love and to dimensions that would best fit the space.  After much research, T decided to follow Ana White's Mini Farmhouse Bedside Table plans.  (Sidenote: If y'all are looking to build furniture or anything of the sorts, you should check out her website.  She is uh-mazing!)

Making Progress

Finally Symmetrical.  Happy, happy.

Left-Side

Right-Side








I'm so happy with how these babies turned out.  Now guests can have their own bedside table to put their phones, water cups, etc.  I'm a very symmetrical person, so this hits the guest-bedroom-spot.  I'm so proud of tyler-of-all-trades and honored to call him my sweet hubby!

Happy Friday, y'all!  The weekend is here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment