Friday, April 19, 2013

Window Box Wishing

Flowers are blooming, pollen is out like crazy (ugh), and the temperatures are getting warmer.   Minus the ridiculous amount of pollen, this is my favorite time of year in Atlanta.  We've had the heat off for quite some time--layering up with clothes and blankets when it was still cold--but now we can open up the windows and enjoy some fresh air.  T put the screens in the windows yesterday evening, and we slept to the cool breeze.  I must say, it was glorious.  As I was serving as T's wingman, helping to pop those screens into place, I started thinking about my ideas for the "naked" windows.  Remember when I mentioned a project for 'em here?  Well, I want to dress them with window planter boxes.  I've been lusting over several (see below the Sylvan look-alike), but this pretty little white one seems to be the winner at this point.  It contrasts well with the light blue siding, black shutters, and brick veneer, lightening it all up!  Oh, my, my!  I've found some similar ones at Lowe's, none of which are under $100.  Since we'll need four large ones, this isn't in the budget.  So I suppose I'll keep on wishin' and stay on the hunt for one that won't break the bank.






Happy Weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment