Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Day two down at work, and that verse from Soul II Soul's 1989 hit keeps playing over and over in my head.  While I keep remembering mom's and my time in Costa Rica and wishing we were still there, it's time to snap back to reality.  I have to remind myself of how grateful we were to experience that beautiful country and bask in a full week of complete relaxation.

Although the whole trip was incredible, I thought I'd share a few of the "bests".

Excursion: If I could only choose one of the excursions (oh say it isn't so), it would have to be the zip-lining at Sky Trek.  I had never had an experience quite like it, and the thrill was amazing.

Sloth-sighting: Mom and I were lucky to have several sloth-encounters, but this time was the absolute best (and last).  Our driver spotted this sound-asleep baby on the way to San Jose's airport.  He aggressively shook the tree three times, but she wasn't moving.  I don't blame her.


Staff Member: ELQUIN. Hands down.  Not a night went by we didn't stop in to visit him for at least a nightcap.  He was so sweet and attentive, and we loved getting to know him.  I don't think our stay at Nayara would have been quite as over-the-moon-enjoyable if it weren't for him.

Drink: Mojitos aren't usually at the top of my list when it comes to ordering drinks, but the ones at Nayara were insanely delicious.  The sugar cane was from a nearby farm and the mint was fresh.  This combo made out to be the light, refreshing drink of choice.

Meal: Five-course wine pairing at Nostalgia Wine Bar.  Mom and I indulged in tasty food and wines while enjoying each others company.  A bit more on that night here.

Dessert: Chocolate Dulche de Leche...holy yum.


Furniture: Every time I passed by the settee at Altimira, it called my name.  Whether it was at an early breakfast or late dinner, I wanted to march right over and curl up on it.  I'd love to have a piece like this in Sylvan...someday... :)

Souvenir: All of the wooden furniture at Nayara was beautiful, so when mom and I went into the town of La Fortuna Friday afternoon I was determined to get a wooden piece I could easily bring back to the States.  When I laid eyes on this unique gem, I knew it had a place in Sylvan.  It's currently on the mantel, unfilled.  We shall see what's destined to go in her.



So, I suppose it's time to move on and get back to the DIY/home improvement projects.  Oh yeah, and try to focus on work these last six weeks.  I hope to share the final project from the sneak peek soon but have a few other things to share with y'all in the meantime.  Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment