Thursday, April 4, 2013

Master Bedroom Paint Project

When we initially walked through Sylvan, I wasn't a huge fan of the deep hunter green in the master bathroom.  It screamed man, or someone with extremely different taste than me.  I knew painting would be a top priority.  It would be an inexpensive task, with huge gains as far as I was concerned.  Luckily, T was on board.

Master Bedroom Pre-painting
We decided to tackle this paint job over my winter break, one lovely perk of being a teacher.  I knew I wanted a natural color that would complement our bedding and would be a good background for frames, trinkets, and other decor.  We purchased toasted cashew (and lots of it to cover up the ughhh-gly green) from one of our good friends who manages a Sherwin Williams -- thank you discount!  Y'all know I get overly excited at saving some mula.  


After spending far too much time applying painter's tape to the walls, we were ready to roll -- literally.  Everything was going well (only a little lot of bickering from me), but the paint project was taking much longer than we had anticipated.  T had to go back to work, so it was (da, da, da, daaa) hero-daddy to the rescue.  All-in-all, we were able to wrap up the project in about a week.  

  
Y'all may have noticed a change or two from the "pre" to "post" picture.  Can you spot them?  More to come en la manana.  



No comments:

Post a Comment