Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Buenos Dias, Mis Amigos


I'm so fortunate to be writing from a lounge chair, sipping on the best morning cup of java I've ever had, listening to the numerous birds' beautiful sounds.  It's a foggy, gray morning, but the rain that poured last night was so peaceful.  I can't remember the last time I was this relaxed.

Mom and I made it to Nayara a-okay yesterday and embarrassingly fell asleep by 8:00 CR time...but not before hitting up the Vino Teca.  Don't judge.  It's a two hour time change, plus we were wiped between the four hour flight and three hour plus ride to our hotel.  Costa Rica is like no other place I've ever been.  We went from feeling like we were in the vast mountains of Colorado to luscious greenery in a matter of moments.



Marvin, our sweet driver, stopped three times to show us Montezuma Oropendola nests as well as two- and three-toed sloths.  After we got honked at...twice..., we figured it was best to get back in the van and be on our way.

The large nests hang from trees.  We saw the mama birds bring  food back and forth to their babies.

Can you spot the sloth?  I promise it's up there.

Slowest moving animal...ever.

When we pulled up to Nayara we were in awe.  The staff here is incredible and will meet your every wish and desire.  They even scheduled Marvin to take us back to the airport when mom requested...we love Marvin, whoop whoop!  Francisco had us jump on his golf cart to take us around the hotel grounds and in to our casita, numero dos.  The decorating and details inside is amazing.  I'm pretty sure I could get used to living here...

Our porch looks out to the Arenal Volcano

Private jacuzzi

Obsessed with the ceiling's details


I could lay here and take in the relaxing scenery and sounds all day long.

Yes, there's an outdoor shower in addition to our indoor shower.  Francisco promised me no one could see in.

Mom let Nayara know multiple times we were not honeymooners.  Thank goodness for two beds!

The vegetation on Nayara's grounds is insanely gorgeous.  Below is a photo roll from mom's and my walk this morning.  Sorry about all of the pictures.  I just got a little really excited about the beauty surrounding us.  My wheels are already turning about the next DIY project I can create with these babies.
 

Bussy (Boosie) Lizzy...how appropriate


























Casita Numero Dos, our abode for the week


Self-serve wine bar...greatest invention ever.  

Well, the sun is finally pushing through the clouds, and we're off to zip-line.  It's my first time, ever.  Here's to a new adventure and praying I make it back okay.  Vamos!

1 comment:

  1. You had me at the self-serve wine bar. Love the pictures. Have fun zip lining!!

    ReplyDelete