Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Happenings

You know you're old when...
  • You make the "adult" decision to stay home and spring-clean instead of enjoy the beautiful weather and excitement at the 420 or Dogwood Festivals.
  • You're asleep by ten o'clock...both nights.
  • You talk about Dateline episodes at a Friday night cookout.
Well dern, I guess T and I have hit that point in our lives.  We began our Saturday by making a "need to-do list" as well as a "want to-do list".  I basically think they're one in the same, but whatever.

We worked on crossing items off the need list for the majority of the day.  T was responsible for the yardwork, and I was a busy-bee inside.  While we missed the fun with friends, it was a great feeling to get some much needed items taken care of.  We got to spend the evening with my parents celebrating Daddy's birthday with an insanely delicious meal at Bone's.  Hellooo crab & avacodo salad, scallops, and mile high birthday cake!  You could have rolled our crew on outta there, but it was all totally worth the cals.  

Look at that handsome man, hero-daddy!

I woke up to breakfast in bed on Sunday morning.  Can you say best husband ever?  I enjoyed the rest of the day outdoors enjoying the delightful weather and playing two tennis matches.  I'd say that's a pretty good day and definitely makes up for Saturday's secluded indoor cleaning extravaganza.  T worked on his dining room project (which I gave y'all a sneak peek at here) for the better part of the day--bless his heart.  I'm hoping to share it with y'all in the next week or so....  DIY/home improvement projects always tend to take way longer than expected, don't they?

It's hard to believe the weekend is over and we're underway with the last full week of April.  Where, oh where does time go?  

No comments:

Post a Comment